Vipreet means reverse, nauka means boat. This posture is also called salabhasana in Iyenger yoga.
- Lie on the floor on the stomach, stretch your arms back along the sides of your body.
- Exhale and lift the head, chest and legs off the floor simultaneously as high as possible. The hands shouldnt be placed on the ground. Only the abdominal front portion should rest on the floor.
- Contract the butt and stretch the thigh muscles. Keep both leg fully extended and straight and touching at the thigh knees and ankle.
- Stay in the posture for as long you can with normal breathing.
- Helps in digestion, relieves gastric troubles and flatulence.
- Its practice relieves pain in the lumbar, the sacral region and lower back.
- Good for slip disc.
- Lumbar spondilitis, high blood pressure, heart conditions
Look for other postures in our asana directory