This is a dynamic pose,
Vyaghrasana 1 (on inhale)
Vyaghrasana 2 (on exhale)
- Start in a tabletop position, (on your hands and knees) with your knees directly under your hips, and your wrists under your shoulders. Look to the front and relax the body.
- Inhale, arch the back, and lift the right leg, stretching it up and back. Opening the chest, and looking up, bring the toes towards the back of the head.
- Exhale, arch the back tucking the pelvis under, and bringing the head down. Bring the right leg down, bending the hip and bring the knee forward towards the nose.
- Keep the right foot off the floor.
- Inhale, repeat 10-20 times
- Come to tabletop position again, Then repeat with the left leg for the same duration
- Tones the spinal nerves.
- Loosens up the hips joins and legs.
- Used after the child delivery for toning up the vaginal passage.
- Promotes digestion.
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Reduces weight from the hips and thighs.
- Stretches the abdominal muscles.
- Relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- In the case of slipped disc, only practice the first movement unless supervised by a qualified teacher.