Sarp = Snake
- Lie flat on the stomach, with the chin on the floor.
- Inter lock your fingers behind your back.
- Inhale, use the lower back muscles, raise the chest as far as possible from the floor, keep the shoulders pulling away from the ears.
- Stretch the hands further back, and raise the arms as high as is comfortable, squeeze the shoulder blades together and open up the chest.
- Work on lifting the chest. Imagine someone is pulling your hands back.
- Hold the position, keeping the breaths long and slow. Gradually increasing the time
- Exhale and lower your body down.
- Helps to correct the posture, particularly round shoulders.
- Strengthens the spine
- Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen
- Stimulates abdominal organs like liver and kidney, stimulates appetite, alleviates constipation.
- Soothes sciatica
- Therapeutic for asthma as it deepens breathing.
- It tones the ovaries and the uterus and helps in menstrual and some other gynaecological problems.
- Peptic ulcer,
- Intestinal tuberculosis