Kati – Waist
Chakra – Circle
- Start in Samasthiti, standing with your feet shoulder width apart, and your weight spread evenly.
- Inhale, raise the arms to the shoulder level
- Exhale, bring the left hand on the right shoulder, and wrap the right arm around the back, bringing the hand around to the left side of the waist.
- Look over the right shoulder.
- Keep the neck staight as if the top of the spine is a fixed point around which the head turns.
- Hold the position for two seconds and inhale, coming back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side. This will be one round.
- Practice for 5 to 10 rounds.
- Tones the neck, shoulder, waist back and hips.
- Useful for correcting back stiffness and postural problems.
- The twisting movement induces a feeling of lightness and may be used to releive physical and mental tension at any time during the day.
Note: It can also be done as a dyanamic practice without synchronizing with breath