Vajrasana is also called Diamond Pose
- Sit in Dandasana (hips on ground, legs in front)
- Bend your knees and bring your heels under your hips, toes should be pointing backwards
- Sit straight with your backbone in an upright position. Lay the palms of your hands on your thighs.
- Look straight ahead.
- Calms the mind and bring stability in mind (so its also used as a meditative posture)
- Cures constipation, acidity, increases digestion process. Those suffering from gas problems can practice immediately after lunch or dinner.
- Increases blood circulation in the organs of the body as the blood flow is constricted in the legs
- It is a preventive measure against hernia and also helps to relieve piles.
- It alleviates menstrual disorders.
- Increases the ankle flexibility hence decreases the chances of injury in the ankle while running, dancing etc.
- Good ankle flexibility could help to increase your reach in rock climbing.
- Any joint problem in the leg (knee, ankle)
Look for other postures in our asana directory