- Start sitting in the squatting position with the feet hip width apart and the hands on the knees.
- Exhale, twists and bring the right knee to the floor near the left foot. Keep the inside of the right foot on the floor.
- Using the left hand as a lever, push the left knee towards the right, while twisting to the left.
- Squeeze the lower abdomen and look over the left shoulder.
- Hold the posture for a count of 5 breaths
- Inhale, return to the squatting position.
- Exhale, repeat on the other side of the body to complete one round.
- Practise 5 rounds.
- Uses compression and stretching to relieve abdominal ailments.
- Relieves constipation (particularly if performed after drinking warm water).
- Stretches the toes, ankles, knee joints and legs.
- May prevent urinary tract infections (UTI’s).
- Relieves symptoms or urinary incontinence or urinary retention
- Can help with arthritic knees