- Start lying on your back with your legs stretched out, and arms by your sides, you may put a thin cushion or folded blanket under your head to increase comfort.
- Exhale, bend your right knee, bringing it close to the chest. Grasp the big toe between the middle and index fingers of the right hand. Keep pushing your left heel away from the body with the leg strong.
- Inhale, raise your right leg up, and straighten it, try to keep the shoulders on the ground (if this is not possible use a belt or strap around your foot).
- Hold the posture breathing deeply, deepening the stretch as you exhale
- To exit exhale and release the foot, lowering it slowly to the ground,
- Repeat with the left leg
- If you don’t yet have the flexibility to perform the full posture
- Use a belt/strap around your foot as mentioned above
- Keep the knee slightly bent
- Hold round the back of the knee/calf instead of the toes
- Opens the hips
- Improves digestion and reduces constipation
- Lengthens the hamstring muscles
- Releases gas
- High blood pressure, place a pillow under the head
- Headache/ migraine