- Start lying on your back in Shavansana (corpse posture)
- Exhale, bend your right knee and place the right sole on the left thigh, keeping the left leg extended.
- Inhale bring your left hand onto right knee, and spread your right arm out perpendicular to your body, palm facing down.
- Exhale and bring the right knee towards the floor on the left side of the body. Making sure to keep your shoulders on the floor.
- Turn the head and look to the right hand.
- Breathe deeply, relaxing into the posture, focussing on sinking your shoulders into the floor. Allow yourself to stay here for some time
- To exit the posture, inhale lift the right leg up
- Exhale extend and bring your arms to your sides
- Repeat with the opposite leg
- Relieves pain from the lower back, waist, and pelvic area.
- Can reduce abdominal fat
- Helps to realign hips
- Relaxes spinal tension
- Stop doing this posture if it causes any pain, it can be used on everyone