Shalabh – Locust
- Lie flat on your stomach, with the legs and feet together, toes pointing back.
- Interlace your fingers and place them under your body (as in photo). Stretch the chin forwards and place it on the ground.
- Inhale, push the hands against the ground and lift both legs up using the lower back muscles (keep both legs together, thigh muscles engaged and toes pointing back).
- Hold the position for as long as comfortable without straining, breathe normally.
- Exhale, lower the legs.
- If performing dynamically then inhale lift the legs up, hold for one breath, then exhale lower the legs down. Repeat 10 times
- Place your hands under your thighs, with the palms facing down
- Strengthens the lower back.
- Massages the pelvic organs.
- Relief from back ache, mild sciatica and slipped disc as long as the condition is not serious.
- Tones and balances the functioning of the liver, stomach, bowels and other abdominal organs.
- Improves appetite, and digestion
- Tones the hip muscles.
- Weak heart
- High blood pressure
- Coronary thrombosis.
- Peptic ulcer,
- Intestinal tuberculosis.