- Start with lying down on your back and spread your arms by the side of the body.
- Bend your right knee and hold the right big toe with the left hand.
- Turn towards your left and try to straighten your knee (don’t worry if it doesn’t straighten completely).
- Spread your right arm on the ground perpendicular to the body, palm facing up.
- Work on trying to bring your right shoulder and right arm on the ground. Stay in this posture for 30 seconds breathing deep.
- To release the posture inhale, bend your knee, bring it back to the center and exhale straighten the knee. Repeat the same on the other side
- If you don’t yet have the flexibility to perform the full posture
- Use a belt/strap around your foot as mentioned above
- Keep the knee slightly bent
- Hold round the back of the knee/calf instead of the toes
- It makes hip joints flexible.
- Improves digestion and reduces constipation
- Lengthens the hamstring muscles
- Releases gas
- Relieves lower back pain
- High blood pressure, place a pillow under the head
- Headache/ migraine