This is the 1st asana a series of postures dedicated to sage Marichi. This will help in preparation for the other postures.
- Inhale bend the right knee, bringing the foot to the floor close to the hip a few inches from the left thigh. Keep the left leg extended and strong with the toes pointing up to the ceiling. Reach the right arm up to the ceiling.
- Exhale, wrap the rigth arm around the right leg (bringing the armpit as low down on the shin as possible) and brng the left hand round the back to link hands (if this is not possible use a strap)
- Inhale, keep holding the fingers, open the chest look up.
- Exhale band forward leading with the chest keeping the shoulders pulled back
- Look towards the toes until you can lie on your leg then you can look to the floor.
- Hold the posture breathing deeply
- Inhale lift the head up
- Exhale release
- Inhale repeat on the other side
- Opens the shoulders (particularly good for office workers)
- Prepares the boody for the other Marichi postures
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Stretches spine, hamstrings and shoulders
- Helps to reduce fat
- Improves Digestion
- Slipped/herniated disc
- Shoulder injuries