- Sit with legs out stretched and the feet together.
- Bend the left leg and place the sole of your foot on the right inner thigh bringing the heel closer to the groin.
- Try on keeping the left knee on the floor.
- Place the hands on the top of the right knee, keeping the spine straight and the back muscles relaxed.
- Exhale bend forwards from your hips (NOT YOUR WAIST) as if you were being pulled down from your navel, keep the shoulders open (pulled away from the ears) and the head up, slide the hands down the right leg and hold the right big toe with the left hand and the outside edge of the foot with the right hand. Initially this might not be possible so try to reach as far as possible, even holding the shin bone is fine.
- Work on touching the forehead to the shin bone without feeling any strain in your body.
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds breathing normally. Come back to the initial position and repeat on the other side.
- Stretches the hamstrings and increases the flexibility in the hip joints.
- Tones and massages the entire abdominals and pelvic region, including the liver, pancreas, spleen, uro-genital system, kidneys and the adrenal gland.
- It helps to remove excess weight in this area and stimulates circulation to the nerves and muscles of the spine.
- Slipped disc, sciatica, herniated disc.