- Sit in vajrasana and interlock your fingers and place the forearm on the floor (or place the forearm on the floor with the palm facing down, see the photo)
- Straighten your knee, move the shoulder forward and drop the hips until the body is straight.
- Try to keep the biceps and the forearm perpendicular to each other.
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds breathing normally
- Lower your knees and come back to the table top posture and relax in shashankasana.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Strengthens the arms and legs, and core (specially the lower back), tones the abdominals
- Stretches the arches of the feet, hamstrings, and calves.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Shoulder, neck and spine injury.