This posture comes in Surya Namaskar of Hatha Yoga.
- Start with standing, both feet together and hands by the sides of your body (Samasthiti)
- Exhale and bend forward so that your palm comes flat on the floor by the sides of your feet (Uttanasana), you can bend your knees if its not possible with straight legs.
- Inhale and stretch the right leg back as far as is comfortable and grasp the floor with the toes.
- Bend the left knee keeping the left foot on the floor at the same position.
- Arch your back, roll your shoulder back and tilt your head back with the fingers touching the ground.
- Stay in the posture for a few breaths. Come back to Uttanasana with an exhale and then Samasthiti with inhale. Repeat on the other side.
- You can place the knee of the stretched leg on the ground.
- Stretches the groin, quadriceps, leg and the hips.
- Stretches the back muscles and opens the chest.
- Good for indigestion, constipation and sciatica.
- Knee injury, neck problems, ankle injuries.